Monday, July 15, 2013

Dress

Blue Sky Alpaca : organic cotton from Close Knit,

Bea : baby with brand new tooth and a brand new dress,

and the sidewalk : cooled off after an evening nap and heavy direct sun all day.






This dress is the tester for my first ever written pattern. I'd like to see how comfortable a baby really is in it, how those straps stay up, if the length interferes with sitting, rolling, and eventually crawling. So far I'd like to change the weight of the yarn from worsted to sport, to keep it light. Maybe bring in the straps a little closer to the neck? The next dress, the one the pattern will be written from, will have some basic lace work instead of the two colors pictured here. I love the yarn and I love the fold over edge on the bottom there. It's so clean and pretty. Ah, it's cute and really fast, perfect for a busy person. A person busy with having fun. Anyway, I'll post the pattern as soon as it's finished!

little hand knits is alive!




2 comments:

dujyt said...

Adorable baby in an adorable dress....couldn't ask for a better combo. I think your idea of adjusting the shoulder straps closer in towards the neck would be a great improvement. I admire your drive to design your own pattern. Wow.....

Unknown said...

XO I'll post the new design A. Judy! You could design a pattern. I'm very sure of it!