Thursday, August 1, 2013

Half a year

My brain feels scattered like when paper flies in the air and then gently sways and rocks to the ground. So, it's a pretty good scattered though I don't get things accomplished the way I used to, with a brain like this and a baby. A baby, the girl of my dreams, Bea is six months old! It was half a year ago that we welcomed her into this chilly world and now, mid summer, she's eating sticks and tasting clover. She's so close to getting on her knees for the rock, right before the crawl. That girl wants to get around. When she nurses I watch her busy kneeding hands and then her long gulps as the milk comes in. Then she dozes, drinks, dozes and I think that I will not be able to watch this girl in this way for very much longer. I'm drinking it up and storing it for a day when she's older, swinging on the monkey bars (if she's that kind of gal). 

Her half birthday, it really does get better and better.



1 comment:

dujyt said...

Sweet words and images to enjoy....Bea is definitely a monkey bars kind of girl. Those eyes of hers just say she loves life and wants to experience it all.