Friday, March 1, 2013

When it comes to diapering, there is a thin bridge between convenience and being conscientious so before Bea arrived, a month ago now (wow!) I did lots of research on cloth diapering. This subject does not stop at which diaper covers are the easiest to snap closed on a screaming week old or how many prefolds one might go through in a day but is rich in questions like how the heck do you store the dirty ones and how does a person wash the filthy fabrics hygienically? The internet and friends helped a lot. Thanks guys.

One supermom introduced me to cloth wipes! She has an incredible cloth diapering set up (incredible to me is super organized as there are so many wee things that puzzle together to help keep your diapering easy) and even washed her laundry in coin op machines in their apartment building. There is more to this family's story as superdad was temporarily moving to LA, for work. "Gosh," I thought, "if this superfamily can live apart for many months, with a new baby, cloth diaper fully, and trudge laundry up and down stairs everyday then we can do cloth wipes." I probably said this aloud to myself.


















Here are Bea's wipes! I just cut up some stained Tj's shirts and sewed up the edges. We wet them with a basic water and Dr. Bronners mixture. That's what's in the spray bottle. There are lots of wipe solution recipes online. Some super fun ones. I like the most simple and these work wonderfully!

Adios!

3 comments:

dujyt said...

Pretty resourceful, Chanin. A lot to learn from your "try outs" that you share. Keep sharing....

penguindevil said...

I love the trader joe's wipes! We really tried the cloth diapers with E, but we just couldn't stick with it.

Unknown said...

I haven't tried those wipes but I'm gonna now! We use paper everything whenever we need to. Dang, it gets expensive!