Saturday, March 2, 2013

Learning how to nurse and knit...
















Want to throw some advice this way?

Out the window I see almost daffodils, hungry, fat crows, a grey, white lit sky, and fleeting crocus. We've been eating peanut butter pretzels and chocolate chips. Kenny just did all the kitchen chores and when he dumped the compost outside he noticed a plant, in a pot, growing roots out the bottom of the pot. Awesome. The grass stays green here all year. I love that. I have such an affinity for New England but, have not felt compelled to move back there. I find my heart longs for my family, friends, the Atlantic, and winter and yet I feel so content here on the west coast. Maybe I haven't allowed my mind to know the real distance between states? Dad always says everything is just a plane ride away. I guess I believe him. The truth is, I've put serious roots down here and imagine them shooting down deeper. They have tangled around someone else's sturdy roots and have even planted brand new month old roots. I am happy about these plants that sprout from them. I love who I am here with who I am here with and I'm not afraid of plane rides or spending money.