Friday, September 11, 2015

You know when you change a lot and then you open up a bit more than you already thought you had and suddenly the relationship feels refreshed, relaxed, renewed and you remember such beautiful things about somebody and you see just how splendid of a mother they were and are? It hasn't taken me until now, thirty-one, to see all of these things but it has taken me until thirty-one to have a completely care free, lovingly tender time visiting with my mom.



























I am thankful for this peaceful, sweet and new-kind-of relationship we've started.



























My mom is beautiful from deep in her heart all the way to those capable-of-anything eyes.
































The way she plays, listens patiently, suggests thoughtfully, inserts herself knowingly, and just is with Bea well, it's all I could've asked for, for them. Her way with her granddaughter, her first and only granddaughter, reminds me of how she mothered us, so playfully and sweet, with singing and coloring and imagination and constant, never fleeting, always there love.



















































I am loving this new us and this you, mom. I am seeing you so clearly and loving it all so much.



3 comments:

dujyt said...

Thoughtful, wonderful, special to read and know how true your words are......

cjpdx said...

Lovely!!

Unknown said...

Thank you both! I love you both! Aren't these relationships we have complicated and beautiful and worth the turbulence?