Monday, August 3, 2015

I cherish the imagination of children.

We adults sit and the child gathers food (iris leaves) for papa bear and mama bear and she, baby bear no little bear, brings the real food to the blanket.

I drape wet clothes over the rope a few yards away from our picnic blanket and am purposefully silent, a new thing for me. It is purposeful so she has time to play in her own world without me. "Mommy, play hi?" she asks. "I am putting laundry up to dry right now. You play," I say. This casual statement is a bit of a question inside of me, hoping she doesn't have one of those m e l t d o w n s about it. She doesn't. We are all happy.

We had a very rough one the other day. I wasn't feeling sturdy enough to stay in the bubble of tantrums, miscommunications, house chores, and all so we packed the car up and headed to Kelly Point Park, a nice sandy beach spot nearby where the Willamette river meets the Columbia river.

It was the perfect medicine.







No comments: