Thursday, January 23, 2014

A promise of chai



Rooibos black chai

1 c loose rooibos tea
1 c black tea 
1/2 c cardamom pods
1/2 c cloves
1/2 c peppercorns

Simmer 1 T of tea mixture per cup of chai desired for approximately five minutes. I like to use cloth tea bags for loose tea. Many groceries stores sell them in sets of three or four and they're washable, which is nice and environmentally friendly. Oh, don't forget for each cup of chai add to the pot:

1 generous cut of fresh ginger
1 shake of ground cinnamon
1 long pour of favorite milk

For each cup, after it's been served in favorite cup add a splash of maple syrup or however many sugars one needs for that particular day. I like two sugars, usually. Some days I'll admit to three or four. I'll always admit to that.

How are things going? The west coast has been getting some serious sun. It is very nurturing to my soul and so I bring the baby out as much as possible. Lucky for us, we were handed down a suit of purple kitty armor for cold and wind protection. Now mom and dad need not worry about chills for little Bea. We can just frolic and play until she's fast asleep in the January sun, our little winter born, I love you.



No comments: