Monday, September 23, 2013

Colorado

We just got back from Colorado where we visited with uncles and aunts, cousins and grandparents, and most importantly Bea's great grandma Elaine. Bea crawled near great grandma as she laid under her pretty yellow sheets. Our squirmy eight month old landed on great grandma's legs every once in a while but Elaine didn't seem to mind. She grabbed her hands and played with her rings. Great grandma smiled for Bea. She played with her feet, told her she loved her reddish hair and let us just be with her. Her whole house was full of love. I felt it every time we stepped in and saw it on the pictures that hung on the walls and felt it on my knees as I played with the kids on the fuzzy carpet, the same carpet Kenny and his brothers played on. It was an emotional and difficult trip but a good one. I'm so glad Elaine has the care-giving family she does. I can't say it enough, there was a lot of love there, a whole heaping lot of love.




No comments: