Saturday, May 4, 2013


Making stuff within the free windows of time:
















Those are old Trader Joe's shirts and flannel I found in the stash. I make the baby stuff because I love her. I make burp cloths because it's fast meaning I can really fight off a cry by saying something goofy, sewing, smiling, sewing, singing, sewing, and before she knows it, I finished a burp cloth. For her! Merry Christmas!
















One day I walked us to Bolt and found some cute ass, expensive fabric (I go for the high dollar stuff for my girl because I'll only need 1/4 of a yard or so) and decided to make this. Since I'm not very skilled at sewing, Bea'll only be getting the top part of the dress. It'll be a top and it'll look like a dress for a while anyway.

















I started that about a month ago. Does anyone want to come over and finish it for Bea?



1 comment:

dujyt said...

Don't you just love Oliver + S patterns? I know what you mean by the warm fuzzies you can create by making stuff for your little one.... even if it doesn't pass the sewing police standards (you know they are lurking everywhere...), seeing your love transformed into something tangible makes you smile. Keep at it and keep sharing.