Sunday, April 21, 2013

The ocean rolled and rumbled at low tide. The air felt cold and fast. Baby burrowed herself deep in her mother's chest as they walked sideways to protect their sensitive city faces from the wind.







The ocean and gulls were peaceful this week. 

On another note, I won't be staying at the The Sou'wester Lodge again. Maybe some of the other trailers are great or the cabins, maybe they are just the cutest darned things. Sure, I saw a Lake (love them) record and lots of local art in the main lobby for sale and golly the thrift shop in a vintage trailer was seriously perfect but, our earth sunken trailer was pretty gnar gnar. I almost mentioned a few things to the nice lady as we handed her the key at checkout but when she asked how everything was I realized that maybe my standards are higher or maybe it's a nice place to stay in the summer and probably pretty fun when you've had a few drinks after listening to some great music just a few feet away and especially fine when you don't have a two month old to protect from germs and mold and all I kept thinking was, "the breast milk will kill whatever gets inside of her".  I'm always thankful for experiences that bring out the parts of me that need a little work and still I accept that I don't like that place and I'd rather stay in a yurt. Now that is a tradition to carry on with. A very clean tradition.

Some positives were the ocean and actually a really fun time with the ol' man and our little person. Driving over the Astoria-Megler Bridge is mesmerizing, by the way.
























Love her.

Thank you, Kenny, for taking all of the beautiful pictures.

No comments: